Wednesday, December 22, 2010

“Words of the Day” – Monday, December 13th

Cossi = swimming costume = swimsuit

Ida: You can be mother.
Nikki: What does that mean?
Ida: That means you get to prepare and pour the tea.
Nikki: I’m not interested then – from now on you prepare the tea!

Nikki: “I have been sitting here freaking myself out that the guy driving on the left is spending so much time talking to the guy in the passenger seat and looking at him instead of looking at the road. How can he possibly be driving the van? Then I realized the guy on the left is not driving, the guy on the right is.”

Punters = customers (i.e. people who pay money for something)

Ida (at every nice location): “I could live here!”

Takeaway = Food to go

G’day – Hello

How you going then? = How are you doing? (And they wait for an answer too!)

Nikki: There I am holding up the boat again.
Ida: You’re worth the wait; at least that’s what Puffing Billy said!!

Leslie Nielsen is not dead! He’s on holiday in Tauranga with us, sitting at the back of the bus.

Ida: “Why am I telling you this story? I’m not even drunk.”
Nikki: “I don’t know, but I am so please continue.”

No comments:

Post a Comment